عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
the present research is trying to respond the key question of “what levels of sustainability exist in small cities of Mazanadran province based on effective dimensions and components of sustainable urban development?” to answer this question, Prescott Alan’s Barometer of sustainability and Radar model have been used to analyze data. In order to select the sample, the study area has been divided to three eastern, central and western areas based on extent and population and it is selected a few towns or cities in each area. The results indicate that, among the studied cities and towns, three are in potentially unsustainable condition, two are medium level of sustainability and also two cities are potentially sustainable. It also shows that human welfare components are in poorer sustainable levels compare to ecosystem welfare components in studied cities, Furthermore, these cities have relatively poor level sustainablity generally
12. Baker, Susan, 2006. Sustainable Development, Rout ledge, London- New York;
13. Cohen, Barney, 2005. Urbanization in developing Conuntries;Current Trends, Future Projections, And key challenges for sustainability, technology in Society xx, (1-18)
14. Dobie, P. 2004. Models for National Strategies: Building Capacity for Sustainable Development, Development Policy Journal, Vol. 1, and Special Issue: Capacity for Sustainable Development.
15. Doody, D.G. 2009. Evaluation of the Q-method as a method of public participation in the selection of sustainable development indicatores, ecological indicators, 809: 1129-1137.
16. Overton, J. 1999. Strategies for Sustainable Development: Experiences from the Pacific, Zed Book, London.
17. Tanguay, G. 2010. Measuring the sustainability of cities :an analysis of the use of local indicators, ecological indicators, 10: 407-418
18. Torjman, Sh., 2000, The Social Dimension of Sustainable Development, Caledon Institute Social Policy.
19. Umana, A., 2002. Generating Capacity for Sustainable Development: Lessons and Challenges, Choices, June 2002. Environmentally Sustainable Development Group Leader, UNDP, (www.undp.org).
20. Vouvaki. Dimitra & Xepapadeas. Anastasios,(2008), Changes in social welfare and sustainability: Theoretical issues and empirical evidence, ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS, 67: 473-484.
21. Winograd and Farrow .2010. Sustainable development indicators for decision making:concepts, methods and definition, international centure for tropical agriculture (CIAT), cali, colombia
22. Zaslow, M. et al., 2000. Welfare Reform And Children: Potential Implications, Number A-23 in Series, New Federalism. (www.newfederalism.com).