Guide for Authors
Guide to write article for the Geographical Planning of Space Quarterly
Note: Please download the form of conflict and submit it along with the article.
The following tips and guidelines are essential to prevent delays in refereeing and timely publishing your article when submitting:
1. The article should not be published in another journal or not submitted simultaneously to other journals.
2. The official language of the journal is Farsi, but abstracts in English are also required.
3. In addition to Persian and English abstracts (300 words, maximum 15 lines), the article should include keywords, introduction, main body, conclusion, and a list of sources and references.
4. The article should be a research-based and the product of author/s’ research.
5. Articles written by postgraduate and doctoral students in collaboration with their supervisors or advisors must necessarily be submitted with the signature of the related professors; otherwise, they will not be submitted to the editorial board.
6. The article should be submitted solely through the website of Geographical Planning of Space (email@example.com).
7. The article should be typed in the 2003-2007 Microsoft Word with the B Nazanin Regular 12 (English abstract with the Times New Roman 11), and approximate line spacing of 0.9. The top margin should be 5.6, the bottom 5.6, the right 4 cm, and the left 4 cm. Title of article should be with headline 12, author or authors’ specification with B Yagut 12, the Persian abstract with B Nazanin regular 12, list of text titles with black Nazanin 12, and sources and references with B Nazanin 11.
9. The submitted articles should have the following sections:
The first page:
(This page must be separately submitted in a file with the authors' information)
- Name, surname, academic rank and name of the institution or place of employment of the author or authors in Persian.
- Corresponding author's full address, including postal address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address in Persian, avoid mentioning the above information in other pages of the article.
- If the expenses of the research or article preparation are funded by an institution, it must be included in the footnote.
- Full title of article in English
- Name, surname, academic rank, and name of the institution or affiliation of the author or authors in English.
- Corresponding author's full address: Including postal address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address in English, avoid mentioning the above information in other pages of the article.
The second page:
(This page and the following pages must be uploaded in the original article file and the authors' information should not be submitted in this manuscript.)
- Full title of the article in Persian
-Persian Abstract (250 - 300 words)
The Abstract section should include statement of the problem, research method, data collection instrument(s), the used techniques, results, and keywords (4 - 6 words)
From the third page onwards, the main text of the article will appear.
1. Statement of the problem
This section encompasses issues related to the statement of the problem, importance and necessity, aims, literature, questions and hypotheses.
2. Theoretical Frameworks (subdivide if necessary, 1-2, 2-2, etc.)
Contents related to the concept, views and theoretical foundations should be incorporated here.
Contents related to the research method, variables, and indicators are included here.
4. Scope of the research
Contents related to the scope of the research are placed herein.
5. Main Discussion: Including: application of the methods, techniques, discussion, analyzing hypotheses, and questions using qualitative and quantitative methods.
Contents related to the conclusion are in line with the aims, questions and hypotheses, and results of applying the techniques and tests.
Contents related to the suggestions are included here.
Mentioning the references and sources at the end of the article:
Surname, name of the author or authors. (Year of publication). Title of the book. Volume number. Issue number, place of publication, publisher's name. Insertion in the list of sources and references will be in alphabetical order.
Example for the book: Tavassoli, Mahmoud. (2007). Principles and Methods of Urban Design and Residential Space in Iran, Iranian Center for Urban Planning and Architecture Studies, Volume I, Fourth issue, Tehran.
Example for the journal: Surname, Name of the author or authors. Year of publication. Title of the article. name of the journal, Volume (Issue),
Internet resources: (www.google.com)
Theses: Surname, author's name. (Year). Title of Thesis, Surname and name of supervisor, University, Faculty, Department.
Aksoy. Hafzullah, 2004, Pulse generation models for daily intermittent streamflows. Hydrological Sciences–Journal–des Sciences Hydrologiques, 49(3), 399-411
10. The minimum resources used shall not be less than 20.
11. The English equivalents on each page shall be mentioned in the footnote with independent numbering for each page.
12- References in the article
In parentheses by mentioning the author's surname, year of publication, the page used.
Example of how to cite in the text: (Tavassoli, 2005: 48)
If there are more than two authors, just mention the first author and then the colleagues or in Latin (et al.).
13. The units used in the article must be in the metric system.
14. In the text of the article, mention the number of pictures, tables and charts and specify their approximate location.
The following is required when presenting tables, curves, figures, and images:
A) The information in the Tables should not be curved or repeated otherwise in the article. The number and title should be mentioned at the top of the Table.
B) Each Table column must have its own title and unit. If all the Figures in the Table have the same unit, the unit can be named in the title of the Table.
C) Additional explanation for the title and text of the table should be provided as captions. The results of the statistical surveys shall be reflected in one of the scientific methods in the Table and there should not be more than two tables per page.
D) The Figures in each article include a curve, a chart, a picture and a map, all numbered equally as the Figures. The Figures should be in color or black and white and with good quality and the number and title should be mentioned at the bottom. Images must be clear, scaled and readable.
Mentioning the references to the images or Figures taken from other sources is required.
The title of Figures and tables should be in Black Nazanin font 10 and text in tables Nazanin regular 10.
Format of the maps
Format of the charts: draw charts simply, the numeric guide of charts must be in Persian and avoid drawing multidimensional charts
Tables must be typed in the Microsoft Word environment and avoid using tables in picture format;
All Figures and Tables should be mentioned by the author in the article at the nearest place of reference, and avoid attachment files as table, chart and map;
All maps, charts, and Figures used in the article should be numbered in the title and in order of placement in the text.
18. The maximum size of articles, including tables and curves should be 15 A4 pages.
19- English Abstract (maximum 300-250 words), Times New Roman 11, English keywords (maximum 4-6 words). (Authors' information should not be included)
20- Summary of the article as the English extended abstract (Times New Roman 12, Line spacing: 1) at least in two pages (1000 words); Title of the article, Introduction, Methodology, Discussion, Keywords) (Authors' specifications should not be included)